Cryptocurrency Courses for Beginners: Part 2
We continue to figure out what courses about cryptocurrencies and the industry are available for beginners. In the first part, we looked at courses provided by companies as well as interesting crypto YouTube channels. Next up are several certified online universities that offer courses aimed at gaining knowledge in any industry, including the cryptocurrency field. The classes are taught by experienced and certified specialists whose names are highly influential in their chosen field: founders of corporations, writers, professors from various educational institutions and other significant personalities in the industry.
The most popular online universities are Udemy, Coursera and LinkedIn Learning. And each of them has a course for those new to cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies by Coursera
It is an educational course from the online university Coursera that allows you to learn about what Bitcoin and crypto technologies are all about. The course contains technical and conceptual knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrencies, using the Bitcoin ecosystem as an example. The course program focuses on developing software that interacts with the Bitcoin ecosystem.
The course is led by Arvind Narayanan, Associate Professor of Computer Science at Princeton University. The program is four weeks long and consists of blocks such as:
- Introduction to Crypto and Cryptocurrencies. This part of the course contains material on the basics of cryptography, digital signatures and public keys.
- Decentralization. This block deals with the consensus mechanism of the Bitcoin network and the reasons for its security. Also, it describes the prerequisites to achieve crypto security through a combination of technical methods and incentive systems.
- Mechanics of Bitcoin. This block describes the mechanisms of the individual components of the Bitcoin protocol that make the system work: transactions, blocks and the peer-to-peer network.
- How to Store and Use Bitcoins. This block reveals practical ways to use BTC: different ways to store keys, security measures, and various services that allow you to trade and make transactions with BTC.
The course videos are available in English with subtitles in several languages.
Cryptocurrency Foundations by LinkedIn Learning
This online video course from LinkedIn Learning focuses on the basics of creating, trading and mining cryptocurrencies. The course program is designed to cover the basic technologies of blockchain, hashing, and cryptography. The course materials will help you understand how anyone can create their own cryptocurrency for future use. The program includes mining and its hardware and software.
The lectures are given by Jonathan Reichental, Professor at the University of California, Berkeley and co-author of the world bestseller “The Apps Challenge Playbook.”
The course program consists of several basic blocks:
- What Is Cryptocurrency? This block looks at the background of cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin in particular. And also, the possibilities of blockchain technologies are considered.
- Creating Cryptocurrency. This block reveals the basic methods of creating cryptocurrencies and conducting ICOs.
- Cryptocurrency Mining. The block covers the selection of hardware and software for mining cryptocurrencies.
Course videos are available in English. Students receive a digital certificate at the end of the course.
Authoring Online Courses
Courses created by experienced traders and crypto enthusiasts consist of training programs based on professional backgrounds. Such courses consider current trends and are designed to create detailed instructions to help students go from a beginner to a professional.
Several popular authoring online courses can be highlighted.
Cryptocurrency Fundamentals: Buy, Sell, Trade Cryptocurrency by George Levy
This short video course will help you quickly understand what cryptocurrency is, what types of cryptocurrencies exist and how to use them. The author of the course is George Levy, a certified blockchain expert at Blockchain Institute of Technology and Foundational Technologies Institute, and Division Head of Digital Economy at blocksEDU.
As a bonus, students will receive a free Cryptocurrency Exchange: Starter Guide as a PDF, which contains information on how to get started on some of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges.
The course program consists of 17 lectures divided into three blocks. The language of the lectures is English, the total duration is 1h 25 min.
Curso intermedio en Criptomonedas y Trading: Bitcoin ETH TRX by Miguel Fagundez
This online course is from the Spanish expert in the field of app development for various industries: insurance, education, banking and research centers. The course aims to teach everyone the basics of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. It consists of five sections, the main topics of which are:
- Cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Trading and types of trading
- Cryptocurrency storage and levels of security
- Buying cryptocurrency and types of exchanges
- Protecting investments in the long term
The course consists of 25 lectures in Spanish, total duration of 1h 57 min.
To sum up, the opportunities for learning and further immersion in the cryptocurrency field are enormous. And modern teaching methods allow you to get the necessary basic knowledge about digital assets literally at home.