Arcane Research’s Predictions for 2022
Analysts from Arcane Research summed up the results of 2021 and offered a forecast for the coming year.
Analytics firm Arcane Research published a detailed report summarizing the main results of the outgoing year and made predictions for 2022.
The main results of 2021 :
- Growth in BTC price overtook the stock market and gold for the third year in a row in terms of returns.
- Widespread institutional acceptance of Bitcoin and increased dependence of the asset’s prices on the financial market’s VIX index performance.
- Bitcoin is recognized as an excellent asset for inflation protection.
- Binance Coin (BNB) is the leader among major cryptocurrencies in terms of annual value growth — an increase is more than 1340%. The number of smart contracts on Binance Smart Chain grew by 455%.
- 2021 was the “year for altcoins,” tokens from Mid Cap Index showed 830% growth, Small Cap Index — 485%, Large Cap Index — 179%.
The main predictions for 2022 :
- Bitcoin will outperform the S&P 500.
- XRP and Cardano will fall out of the top 10 largest cryptocurrencies.
- NFT market growth will continue.
- More crypto companies will go public.
- Growth of assets in cryptocurrency funds will continue.
Among other findings, analysts note that Bitcoin network power consumption will be a hot topic in 2022. This may lead to a ban on mining in certain jurisdictions, while countries with cheap energy resources will occupy this niche.